Registration is closed for this event. Registered participants have been emailed a link to access the conference series. Didn’t get the link? Please please check your spam or bulk email folder just in case the access email was delivered there instead of your inbox.
Healthy Horses is an annual educational event with a focus on successful equine health care. It is open to equine enthusiasts everywhere, and we are pleased to offer this virtual event free of charge again this year! Lectures are delivered by University of Florida faculty from the College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science, and UF IFAS extension. This year’s topics include protecting your horse from equine herpes virus, caring for senior horses, how to listen to your horse’s heart, common equine eye emergencies, toxic plants for Florida horses, and an update on anhidrosis, just to name a few!
- Anhidrosis (Dr. Laura Patterson Rosa)
- Using 3-D Printing to Improve Equine Care (Dr. Adam Biedrzycki)
- Cardiology: How to perform cardiac auscultation on your horse (Dr. Daniela Luethy)
- Dermatology: Fly sprays and topical therapy (Dr. Rosanna Marsella)
- EHV Prevention (Dr. Sally DeNotta)
- Caring for the Senior Horse (Dr. Martha Mallicote)
- Ocular Emergencies (Dr. Ralph Hamor)
- Different Types of Colic (Dr. Anje Bauck)
- Plant Toxicity (Dr. Brent Sellers)
The UF College of Veterinary Medicine welcomes participants of all abilities. Please contact Rachel DiSesa at email@example.com to discuss accessibility arrangements.
The 2021 Healthy Horses Virtual Conference is presented free through the generosity of our sponsors.
SmartPak has generously donated six $100 gift cards to the 2021 Healthy Horses Virtual Conference. Registrants will be entered into a random drawing after viewing the presentations.
Zoetis has generously donated a deworming gift bucket to the 2021 Healthy Horses Virtual Conference. Registrants will be entered into a random drawing after viewing the presentations.