Equine Extension Programs
Annual Healthy Horses Conference – UF College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, FL
The Healthy Horses Conference is dedicated to horse owner and enthusiast education. Each year, we will be presenting topics critical for successful equine health and management, as well as new discoveries and diagnostic tools that benefit both you and your horse. This year’s Healthy Horses Conference will be held on Friday, July 13, 2018, at the UF Straughn Center. Click here to register. Click here for a list of conference topics.
Courses and Events for Horse Owners
- Healthy Horses Conference – See above.
- CFLAG Pasture Management School – Join the UF/IFAS Central Florida Livestock Agent’s Group for a two-day educational program covering all aspects of pasture management to help you enhance forage productivity on your farm to meet the needs of your operation. June 6-7, 2018, Plant Science Research & Education Unit- Citra, FL. Click here for topics and to register.
- Florida Equine Institute & Allied Trade Show, September 21, 2017 in Ocala, FL. A brief description of this year’s program and a link to registration through Eventbrite is available here.
- UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County, Horse Health Workshop, Sarasota, FL, February 23, 2017 at 1:00 pm at the Sarasota Polo Club. Registration is required and cost is FREE. Register by February 20 online at Eventbrite.
- Florida Equine Institute & Allied Trade Show on September 15, 2016 in Ocala, FL.
- UF/IFAS Extension Manatee County, Managing Creeping Indigo in Horse Pastures, Wimauma, FL, April 21, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the UF/IFAS Gulf Coast Rec. Registration is required and costs $10.00 (Late fees apply). Register by April 15 online at Eventbrite.
- National Institute for Animal Agriculture, Equine Diseases Forum, Denver, CO, January 19-21, 2016. For more information or to register visit AnimalAgriculture.org or contact the NIAA by calling 719-538-8843 or emailing email@example.com.
- UF/IFAS Extension Collier County, Creeping Indigo in Horse Pastures, Naples, FL, October 15, 2015. Please call 863-674-4092 to register by October 8, 2015.
- UF/IFAS Extension Seminole County, Protecting Horses from Creeping Indigo and other Toxic Weeds, Sanford, FL, September 17, 2015. Please pre-register at 407-665-5558.
- UF/IFAS Extension Marion County, Protecting Horses from Creeping Indigo and other Toxic Weeds, Ocala, FL, August 25, 2015 at 6:00 at the Extension Auditorium. Register by calling 352-671-8400 or online at Eventbrite.
- UF/IFAS Extension Volusia County, Protecting Horses from Creeping Indigo and other Toxic Weeds, DeLand, FL, June 30, 2015. Register by calling 386-822-5778.
- UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County, Horse Health Workshop, Englewood, FL, June 25, 2015. (register here).
- UF/IFAS Marion County Extension, Raising Livestock on a Few Acres, Ocala, FL (register here):
- April 6 – Keeping Sheep, Goats and/or Cows
- April 13 – Raising Rabbits and Chickens
- April 20 – The Hobby Horse
- April 27 – Raising Freezer Beef
- UF/IFAS Sarasota County Extension, Horse Health and Safety Workshop, February 14, 2015 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sarasota, FL.
- UF/IFAS Equine Manure Management Summit 2014, May 22 & 29, 2014: Call 352-671-8400 to register
- Focus on the Sport Horse, Louisville, Kentucky, July 20-22, 2014
- Central Florida Pasture Management Conference, UF/IFAS Equine Science Center, September 11-12, 2014
- UF/IFAS Lake County Extension Equine Lecture Series: $10/class, $40/series
- UF/IFAS Best Management Practices Workshop. November 1, 2014.
- UF Veterinary Extension Event Calendar
- UF College of Veterinary Medicine Event Calendar