Equine Extension Programs
Annual Healthy Horses Conference – UF College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, FL
The Healthy Horses Conference is dedicated to horse owner and enthusiast education. Each year, we will be presenting topics critical for successful equine health and management, as well as new discoveries and diagnostic tools that benefit both you and your horse. Take a look at 2015’s brochure. The Healthy Horses Conference 2016 is will be April 30, 2015. The schedule will be available early next year! The following are the proceedings from the 2015 conference.
Courses and Events for Horse Owners
- UF/IFAS Extension Collier County, Creeping Indigo in Horse Pastures, Naples, FL, October 15, 2015. Please call 863-674-4092 to register by October 8, 2015.
- UF/IFAS Extension Seminole County, Protecting Horses from Creeping Indigo and other Toxic Weeds, Sanford, FL, September 17, 2015. Please pre-register at 407-665-5558.
- Florida Equine Institute & Allied Trade Show on September 17, 2015. Register at Eventbrite.
- UF/IFAS Extension Marion County, Protecting Horses from Creeping Indigo and other Toxic Weeds, Ocala, FL, August 25, 2015 at 6:00 at the Extension Auditorium. Register by calling 352-671-8400 or online at Eventbrite.
- UF/IFAS Extension Volusia County, Protecting Horses from Creeping Indigo and other Toxic Weeds, DeLand, FL, June 30, 2015. Register by calling 386-822-5778.
- UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County, Horse Health Workshop, Englewood, FL, June 25, 2015. (register here).
- UF/IFAS Marion County Extension, Raising Livestock on a Few Acres, Ocala, FL (register here):
- April 6 – Keeping Sheep, Goats and/or Cows
- April 13 – Raising Rabbits and Chickens
- April 20 – The Hobby Horse
- April 27 – Raising Freezer Beef
- UF/IFAS Sarasota County Extension, Horse Health and Safety Workshop, February 14, 2015 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sarasota, FL.
- UF/IFAS Equine Manure Management Summit 2014, May 22 & 29, 2014: Call 352-671-8400 to register
- Focus on the Sport Horse, Louisville, Kentucky, July 20-22, 2014
- Central Florida Pasture Management Conference, UF/IFAS Equine Science Center, September 11-12, 2014
- Florida Equine Institute & Allied Trade Show on September 18, 2014
- UF/IFAS Lake County Extension Equine Lecture Series: $10/class, $40/series
- UF/IFAS Best Management Practices Workshop. November 1, 2014.
- UF Veterinary Extension Event Calendar
- UF College of Veterinary Medicine Event Calendar