Equine Extension Programs
HEALTHY HORSES CONFERENCE – UF Large Animal Hospital, Gainesville, FL
The Healthy Horses Conference is dedicated to horse owner and enthusiast education. Each year, we will be presenting topics critical for successful equine health and management, as well as new discoveries and diagnostic tools that benefit both you and your horse. Take a look at this year’s brochure.
- Healthy Horses Conference – April 27, 2013
- Healthy Horses Conference – April 28, 2012
- Healthy Horses Conference – April 9, 2011
- Healthy Horses Conference – April 24, 2010
- Healthy Horses Conference – April 25, 2009
Referring Veterinarian Appreciation Day Conference
This conference is hosted by the University of Florida at the UF Hilton in Gainesville. It is a continuing education event for veterinarians on current health care topics and recent advances in equine research for practitioners. This conference occurs annually in the summer, typically in the end of June or July.
- SAVE THE DATE - RDVM Day Conference – June 23, 2012
- RDVM Day Conference – June 25, 2011
- RDVM Day Conference – June 26, 2010
Equine Health Care Programs
Equine veterinary extension provides educational programs on various equine health topics including strangles, management and prevention of infectious disease, colic, diarrhea, vaccination and deworming programs, foal care, and equine emergencies just to name a few. Equine health care and common disease articles can be found under publications and related links.
- Presentations from the Equine Institute 2009 on the Web
- Presentations from Equine Institute 2008 On the Web
- At this time, there are no lectures scheduled for fall 2012
- Click here for directions to the hospital. Please note approximately 85 seats are available in the auditorium and attendance will be first come, first serve.