University of Florida Dairy Publications
- Seasonal Dairy Updates
- University of Florida Dairy Unit SOP
- 2012 Florida Dairy Production Conference Proceedings
- Risk Factors for Uterine Disease in Dairy Cows
- Use of Ultrasonography to Age Pregnancy in Early Gestation in Dairy Cows
- Identifying and Treating Uterine Disease in Dairy Cows
- Association Between Immune Function and Development of Uterine Disease in Dairy Cows
- Uterine Microbiology of Healthy Cows and Cows that Develop Uterine Disease
- Should You Breed Cows during the Summer in the Southeastern United States? An Economic Analysis of a Dairy Herd in Florida.
- When Should We Stop Breeding Dairy Cows?
- Effect of Anovulation and Subclinical Endometritis on Fertility of Lactating Dairy Cows: Why Are Dairy Cows Not Getting Pregnant—Lack of Cyclicity, Uterine Disease, or Both?
- What Is the Most Cost-Effective Breeding Program for Lactating Dairy Cows—Timed AI, Estrous Detection, or a Combination of Both?
- Should Genetics Be Blamed for High Incidence of Uterine Disease in Dairy Cows?
- Can Maternal Colostrum Be Replaced by Commercial Products for Feeding Newborn Calves?
- What Is the Most Cost-Effective Breeding Program for Breeding Heifers—Timed AI, Estrous Detection, or a Combination of Both?
- Can GnRH Be Used to Induce Ovulation Early in Lactation and Improve Fertility in Dairy Cows?
- Comparing Waterbeds and Sand Beds for Cows: A Study at the UF/IFAS Dairy Unit.
- Is It Worth Switching from Natural Service to Artificial Insemination? A Comparison of Reproductive Performance and Profitability in Dairy Herds.
- All EDIS Publications
Natural Service Dairy Herds
- Uterine Diseases in Dairy Cows
- Chart of Common Disinfectants
- Integrated Sustainable Dairy Program 2011 Annual Report: The program provided a frame work to develop cutting edge applied skills in dairy production medicine and decision making. Educational materials were delivered through in-class lectures followed by case-based learning, group discussions, and participant presentations resulting from an out-of-class assignment. Link to online publication.
- Cow Fertility Linked to Transition Period Healthy
- Cost-Effective Reproductive Programs for Lactating Dairy Cows: Economic Comparison of all Estrus Detection, all Timed-AI, or a Combination of Both.